Today is an especially sweet one for my CP and bestie Cindy: It’s release day for IN A JAM, a sweet (pun intended!) romance with voice, laughs, and an ensemble of unforgettable characters.
Per tradition, Cindy asked me to conduct an unusual interview to get people excited about her amazing Main Characters and their stirring love story. (Ok, I’ll stop with the puns.)
Without further delay, onto the interview!
1) Andie giving up her beloved drink is the first requirement granny makes her commit to. So what is Andie’s favorite non-alcoholic mock-tail? How do you make it?
It would totally be a frozen peach bellini mocktail. Why? Because Georgia is the peach state and she wouldn’t have to go far to get some local scrumptious fruit.
- 2 ripe peaches, peeled and sliced (or you can use frozen)
- 1 cup sparkling apple juice, plus more for serving
- 2 teaspoons SPLENDA® Sugar Blend
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- Place sliced peaches in freezer for 1 hour.
- Combine peaches, 1 cup sparkling apple juice, SPLENDA® Sugar Blend, and lime juice in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour into 2 glasses and add about 1/2 inch of additional sparkling apple juice.
2) Gunnar is your dream boy, sexy cop type. You knew I was gonna ask but is our proud defender of the law a boxer or brief kind of guy. Why?
He would be very specific about his undies, so I’d say he’d wear Tommy John’s sport boxer briefs. He works out a lot too, so he wants things to stay in place!
3) Gunnar loves the sweet south lifestyle while Andie prefers big city living. If Gunnar was a famous monument in the south, which one would he be and why? If Andie was a famous monument in any major us city, which would she be?
Neither of these are really monuments, but they are historic places. Gunnar’s would be the Fox Theatre in Atlanta. It’s stood the test of time and is an anchor for the city. For Andie, it would be The Boston Brewery because she does like her beer! (and it’s Sam Adams, so, so very Boston of her)
4) Learning to make jam is another one of Andie’s tasks. If Andie had to choose between swimming in a pool of jam or jello which would she prefer? Why?
Totally Jello because…. Jello Shots! I’m surprised you had to ask.
5) A good romance novel had its fair share of drama. In A Jam’s major contributors are a crazy ex and a set of snoopy older women. If the ex and the snoops got into a wrestling match, who would come out the victor? What’s her/their signature move?
The Jackson sisters could totally whip Willow’s butt every day of the week and twice on Sunday. I could see them doing a flying drop kick or a chair shot on our poor little Gunnar’s ex. (yeah…. I spent WAY too much time watching professional wrestling when I was a kid)
6) As a cop Gunnar needs to be in top physical condition. Along with working out, which super hero does Gunnar model his skills after? Is he quick like the flash? A night owl like Batman? Be creative!
He’s a cross between Captain America and the Green Arrow. He’s got the charisma and muscle mass of C.A., but he’s stealth like Green Arrow. So, he’d be The Green American??? LOL Or Captain Arrow.
7) If Andie and Gunnar were a famous theme song which one would they be? Now take the noun in the name and trade it out with the word “jam!” What’s their theme song called now?
Green Jam (Green Acres!!)
Green Acres / Jam is the place to be.
Farm livin’ is the life for me.
Land spreadin’ out so far and wide
Keep Manhattan, just give me that countryside.
New York is where I’d rather stay.
I get allergic smelling hay.
I just adore a penthouse view.
Dah-ling I love you but give me Park Avenue.
You are my wife.
Good bye, city life.
Green Acres / Jam we are there.
8) At one point in the novel, Andie and Gunnar attend a county fair complete with food and rides. If Andie and Gunnar were carnival rides, which ones would they be and why?
The Tilta-whirl. Their emotions are all over the place and being together makes each other dizzy.
9) Speaking of fair food, if Andie and Gunnar were a fair food, what would they be and why? Don’t forget! We need to be able to enjoy them together!
Deep fried pecan pie on a stick and funnel cake because both are sweet and covered in powder sugary sweetness.
10) Oh no! Our evil robot overlords have arrived. What will Andie and Gunnar do to appease their new masters?
Andie will serve them sweet tea and homemade biscuits and jam, while Gunnar will use his ‘George Clooney with a twang’ voice to sweet talk them out of town.
Now you know a bit about the characters, go and order your copy of IN A JAM out today!
Many congrats, Cindy!